February 03, 2014, Canberra
Peter Varghese, Secretary, Department of Foreign Affairs delivered a lecture on the theme “Linkages between Trade & Domestic Reforms – the Australian Experience” at the Australian National University, Canberra, on February 03, 2014.
Margaret Harding, Deputy Vice Chancellor, The Australian National University chaired the session while comments were provided by Raghbendra Jha, Professor, The Australian National University and Shiro Armstrong, Research Fellow, International Development Economics, The Australian National University.
“One can change a country by changing trade and industrial policy…Through a sustained domestic reforms programme for an open, market-driven economy, Australia has attained greater competitiveness and prosperity,” Peter Varghese, Secretary, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Government of Australia
- Trade Policy and Domestic Economic Reforms are inseparable: Peter Varghese
Canberra, February 04, 2014
- Australia says trade with India to be driven by economic reform
Press Trust of India, February 04, 2014
- Australia’s ability to trade with India will depend on economic reform: Peter Varghese
The Indian Express, February 03, 2014
- Speech by Peter Varghese
- Speech by Pradeep S Mehta
- International Trade and Domestic Reforms: The Case of Food Subsidies in India by Raghbendra Jha
- Trade and domestic reforms:the Japanese experience by Shiro Armstrong